Aug 11 / 2021
Precautions while taking Generic Modafinil
Modafinil is a drug that enhances the state of wakefulness.
It is a medical agent that is used to provide wakefulness in patients with such disorders as narcolepsy, excessive daytime sleepiness, and shift work sleep disorder. It can also be applied for the treatment of other disorders as specified by a doctor. Generic Modafinil performs its action in the brain area that is responsible for sleep.
Precautions that should be followed.
- Generic Modafinil does not require any prescription..
- Before taking it, inform your doctor, medical consultant or pharmacist of being allergic to any drugs, especially to modafinil.
- Inform your doctor, medical consultant or pharmacist of any medical conditions you have. It is highly recommended to mention pregnancy, a plan to become pregnant or breast-feeding; high or low blood pressure; health problems such as kidney, liver heart diseases.
- Inform your doctor, medical consultant or pharmacist of having a history of alcohol or drug addiction, problems with your mental/mood state.
- Inform your doctor, medical consultant or pharmacist of taking any other medications, nutritional supplements or vitamins as modafinil can have an interaction with some of them.
- By using this medication you are not recommended to drive, drink alcohol, and act dangerously as it might affect your world perception or thinking.
The use of Modafinil.
- It is important to follow your doctor’s specifications and learn an information sheet that comes with the medication.
- You should take it by mouth.
- It is recommended to take it in the morning unless your doctor ordered otherwise.
- You should take it about one hour before working.
- If it happened to miss a dose of a medication, take it as soon as possible.
Side effects of this medication.
- There may be side effects, such as dizziness, rash, irregular heartbeat, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, diarrhea, indigestion, problems with sleep, problems with breathing, hoarseness, allergic reaction or other. If some of these side effects appear, be sure to consult your doctor.
The storage of this medication.
- Be sure to keep the medication in a place inaccessible for children. You should keep it in its box (or a container) and apply room temperature for its storage.
- Be sure that expiration date is suitable.
- Consult your pharmacist about right disposal of the medication. You should use this medication only after your doctor or health care consultant recommend you to do so. Be free to ask your doctor, medical consultant or pharmacist about any advices; do not try to hide any information about your present health state or health history.